Race Goal: 37:30......I was really pushing myself on that, oh well, gotta shoot high I guess?!
Actual Time: 40:04, not even CLOSE! :(
The Race: I ran the SARR Freedom 4 Miler on Independence Day. The race started at the Mainland Trailhead of the Leon Creek Greenway which is off of Bandera Road. I guess we ran east on the greenway, it was pretty flat for the most part, except for the final .6 of a mile, ridiculous! All UPHILL!! A little after a mile & a half I started to not feel really well, so I stopped for a little bit, but got back started after 2 miles. My time at 2 miles was 21:19, so I think I did pretty well to finish the 4 miles barely over 40 minutes. I felt great the last mile & a half. Oh well, next time.....
Who'd I run with?: My running buddy Anne & my sister in law Leah, they both owned that race!! :)
Coming Up (July Race #2): I'm running the Too Hot to Handle 5K at Boerne Lake on July 15th. I'm not sure what time I should say. I'm gonna say 27:30, which means that I really need to push myself hard during my training runs.
| Leah, me & Anne after the Freedom 4 Miler Race |
No comments:
Post a Comment