I found this "recipe" posted on Pinterest, but couldn't find the actual recipe link....ya gotta love when that happens. Anyway, I was able to figure out what was in the recipe just based on the picture, so I went for it. Here's my version....Oh & can I just say, I'm super excited at how it turned out, using 0% fat greek yogurt as the binding agent kinda freaked me out, but it was good!
Ingredients:
1/4 cup sliced almonds (I bought the pre-sliced almonds) - I still gave them a rough chop
1/2 cup golden raisins - chopped (the original recipe called for craisins, but I already had the golden raisins so I figured I should just use those)
3/4 cup green grapes - quartered
3/4 cup green apple - cubed (chop them up as small as you like, they add a nice crunch!)
1/2 cup red onion - finely chopped (you want these pretty small, no one likes biting into a huge chunk of raw onion)
6 oz of Greek Yogurt (0%) - (depending on how creamy you like your salad, you can add more or less)
1 cup grilled chicken breast tenderloins - cubed or shredded depending on how you like the chicken in your chicken salad
Salt & Pepper to taste
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Directions
In a medium bowl toss your chicken with EVOO (small drizzle - enough to sauté in a grill pan), salt & pepper to taste. In a medium skillet, sauté your chicken tenderloins until cooked all the way through. NO PINK in your chicken!
While your chicken is cooking, in a large bowl, mix together the first five ingredients (almonds, golden raisins, green grapes, green apples, red onions). Lightly toss those together.
Add in half of your greek yogurt & mix gently. See how you feel about the consistency on whether you want to add more. Lightly salt & pepper your mixture. Add in more of your greek yogurt if you'd like.
Once the chicken is done, toss it into your salad mix. Gently toss together. Place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to let everything cool together.
TAAAAAA-DAAAAAAA
I used the extra part of the apple as a cracker, it all turned out great & perfect for lunch with left over for a few days. This could probably even be a nice light appetizer for a brunch :)
Ingredients:
1/4 cup sliced almonds (I bought the pre-sliced almonds) - I still gave them a rough chop
1/2 cup golden raisins - chopped (the original recipe called for craisins, but I already had the golden raisins so I figured I should just use those)
3/4 cup green grapes - quartered
3/4 cup green apple - cubed (chop them up as small as you like, they add a nice crunch!)
1/2 cup red onion - finely chopped (you want these pretty small, no one likes biting into a huge chunk of raw onion)
6 oz of Greek Yogurt (0%) - (depending on how creamy you like your salad, you can add more or less)
1 cup grilled chicken breast tenderloins - cubed or shredded depending on how you like the chicken in your chicken salad
Salt & Pepper to taste
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Directions
In a medium bowl toss your chicken with EVOO (small drizzle - enough to sauté in a grill pan), salt & pepper to taste. In a medium skillet, sauté your chicken tenderloins until cooked all the way through. NO PINK in your chicken!
While your chicken is cooking, in a large bowl, mix together the first five ingredients (almonds, golden raisins, green grapes, green apples, red onions). Lightly toss those together.
Add in half of your greek yogurt & mix gently. See how you feel about the consistency on whether you want to add more. Lightly salt & pepper your mixture. Add in more of your greek yogurt if you'd like.
Once the chicken is done, toss it into your salad mix. Gently toss together. Place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to let everything cool together.
TAAAAAA-DAAAAAAA
![]() |
| It's definitely a sweeter salad, but very yummy. To lighten on the sweetness I'd say don't use as many grapes |
I used the extra part of the apple as a cracker, it all turned out great & perfect for lunch with left over for a few days. This could probably even be a nice light appetizer for a brunch :)
![]() |
| Half of my serving was on thinly sliced apples |


No comments:
Post a Comment