"If I'm honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all"~Audrey Hepburn

Monday, September 16, 2013

So...How Are You Spending Your Time Now?

As most of you know, Lake & I will be moving to the Dallas area in the next month.  This past weekend we secured an apartment in Addison, it's within walking distance of where Lake will be working out of for the next few months, then they'll be shifting the office to North Plano, which is where we'd like to end up when it comes to our new home!

Anyway....as most of you know as well....because of this move, I've left my teaching position.  I'm slowly looking for something else, but until we are up there & moved in, my search is very light.  So then...you may ask, what do I do with my time?

Well, on most days, I wake up & go for a quick jog, nothing major, 2 - 3 miles.  I've also become an expert cleaner, house picker upper & laundry doer.  My goodness, keeping the house "show ready" is a full time job...I know those of you with kids are rolling your eyes at me, but in total seriousness....I feel the pressure.  "HOUSE MUST BE SPOTLESS AT ALL TIMES!"  Even though we haven't received on offer on our home...yet, all of the feedback from the showings have stated:  "Home shows like a model, but we didn't like....." So oh well, I know that the right family will buy our home, we just have to keep praying & be patient!  If you know of anyone looking for a 3 bed/2 bath in the Northwest side of SA, LET ME KNOW, Please :)

I've also been able to explore the joys of cooking once again!  And that's always fun.  Trying out lots of new recipes, lots have been from Pinterest.  My fave one that I've found so far has been for a pizza that I made last week, here's the link from Pinterest.  Now, I didn't "shuck" the corn, I opened a can, but for the most part, I followed the recipe & it was GOOD!  I'm trying out a recipe for loaded nachos tonight, seriously...I cannot wait to see how they turn out!

My version of the cherry tomato, goat cheese & corn pizza

Speaking of Pinterest, I've also been doing lots of "utilizing small spaces" searches, as well other home type of searches.  One of my favorite things has been finding different "brews" to making your house smell yummy!!!  Last week I tried one called "Witches Brew" & it made the house, well at least the kitchen & TV Room area smell so good!  The recipe linked above calls for lemon, apple, orange, cinnamon sticks, all spice & cloves....I'm simmering one right now with keys limes, an apple, orange, all spice, cloves & just a sprinkle of cinnamon & it smells just as good!  I've also pinned a couple for a more "Christmas" smell & one for the Spring.  Super easy!

Today's brewing concoction, smells like Fall!

So that's pretty much what I've been up to.  Well that & tying up our loose ends here in SA & just prepping us for the move & watching as much HGTV & Property Brothers as I can possibly watch!  If you get a chance, try the "brew"...it's awesome & if you try a different version, send it my way!  :)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a peaceful break might be just exactly what you need while you're getting ready to move. Best of luck on the house sale! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Natalie! It's been nice, I think the stress of moving & all the changes comes in waves, it's been nice to have a break from the everyday of work...and hopefully me being a little more "zen" will help keep the hubby as stress free as possible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to ask my mom for her Christmas "brew" recipe and pass it on to you! It is one of my favorite smells!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, send it my way if you can! :) Thanks!

      Delete