"If I'm honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all"~Audrey Hepburn

Monday, July 15, 2013

Week 2 - So Why Are You Running 100 Miles in July?...and other questions...

So week 2 is over & done with, I finished the week at 56 miles.  Math calculations show that I should be at 45 miles, so to be 11 miles ahead at this point is awesome!  :)  I am starting to feel slightly "over" running....I'm just kind of in a rut now.  But I'm too close to not finish, so I'm sure I'll get over that...especially as the miles continue to add up!

The popular question to me this week has been...."are you really trying to run 100 miles this month?"  the next has been, "why?"  OH & "are you crazy?"....that one makes me chuckle.

Well boys & girls, my answer is pretty simple....I'm running 100 miles during the month of July because I want to see if I can, I just decided to set a goal & stick to it, plain & simple, no hidden anything.  I thought it would be a good challenge.  I picked this month because it has 31 days & it's completely untouched by work.  I know myself well enough to know that I CANNOT wake up before work & run in the mornings & there's no way that I'll have the energy to run 6 out of 7 days of the week once the school year gets started, that just won't happen.  So, like it or not, that's my answer.  I have been running with my "Charity Miles" app which logs your miles & donates money to that specific charity.  You can pick through several charities, so whatever your "cause", there's an option from you to choose from.  :)

Well, that's my story for the week.  Logged in 27 for Week 2.  I'd like to thank Lake, Leah, Ismelda (my dad's hygienist) & Ariana for the miles this week!  Thank you for the support!!  The goal is to finish my 100 miles in New York City when Lake & I are there the 26th - 30th.  With my calculations, I should have 3 miles left to run the day we leave, so we're planning on running in Central Park either Sunday or Monday morning, I cannot wait!!!!

Week 2 Runs were fun & varied!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment