So over the course of this "adventure" of running 100 miles, I've had my share of running routes. I think picking a place to run is half of the battle. Running the same route over & over again is incredibly boring & that's why I hate running at the gym. Nothing to look at & you don't change your scenery.
It wasn't until I started running 4 years ago, that I found out just how many running trails San Antonio has to offer. And even if you run them over & over again, you can still add in slight variations here & there, start at a different trail head, run the other way, etc. The people running said trails are always entertaining as well. A good friend of mine have a "weirdest thing I saw on my run today...." ongoing text conversation. These usually vary from seeing animals, to interesting fashion choices, to used....well, things along a run. I definitely don't always see "weird" things, but when I do, she's the first one to know about it! I also appreciate running trails because even though you're in the middle of the city, you always have some major highway just blocks away from you, you still feel like you're secluded, just you & the pavement. It's relaxing & even therapeutic at times.
So what's my favorite trail? Well, that's hard to say, but after logging all these miles recently, I'd have to say my favorite place to run is on the Riverwalk. You can't beat the scenery, the people watching is fabulous & it's just a pretty run! The only problem is the section between the Houston Street Bridge & Nueva Street Bridge, lots of stairs & more people, but other than that, it's great! Bravo San Antonio, you definitely keep it interesting!
Now for the weekly numbers. I completed Day 18 today with a 4 mile walk/run with Lake. That places me at 80 miles total, so slowly but surely I'm getting there! Now, according to my math, I should be at 67 miles, so I'm definitely way ahead of schedule. I won't be running on Friday though & the plan is to run my last 3 miles in Central Park in New York City on Saturday. We fly out Friday morning on my birthday! We'll be there until the 30th. I'm really excited about the route that we're going to run while we're there, should be a great way to finish this all out. :)
Thanks to everyone for the supportive comments & "likes" on FB, Twitter & Instagram! Thanks also to Lake & Kristen for helping me get through my miles this week, y'all are the best! Until next week, when hopefully I'll be typing that I've successfully run 100 miles during the month of July!
It wasn't until I started running 4 years ago, that I found out just how many running trails San Antonio has to offer. And even if you run them over & over again, you can still add in slight variations here & there, start at a different trail head, run the other way, etc. The people running said trails are always entertaining as well. A good friend of mine have a "weirdest thing I saw on my run today...." ongoing text conversation. These usually vary from seeing animals, to interesting fashion choices, to used....well, things along a run. I definitely don't always see "weird" things, but when I do, she's the first one to know about it! I also appreciate running trails because even though you're in the middle of the city, you always have some major highway just blocks away from you, you still feel like you're secluded, just you & the pavement. It's relaxing & even therapeutic at times.
So what's my favorite trail? Well, that's hard to say, but after logging all these miles recently, I'd have to say my favorite place to run is on the Riverwalk. You can't beat the scenery, the people watching is fabulous & it's just a pretty run! The only problem is the section between the Houston Street Bridge & Nueva Street Bridge, lots of stairs & more people, but other than that, it's great! Bravo San Antonio, you definitely keep it interesting!
Now for the weekly numbers. I completed Day 18 today with a 4 mile walk/run with Lake. That places me at 80 miles total, so slowly but surely I'm getting there! Now, according to my math, I should be at 67 miles, so I'm definitely way ahead of schedule. I won't be running on Friday though & the plan is to run my last 3 miles in Central Park in New York City on Saturday. We fly out Friday morning on my birthday! We'll be there until the 30th. I'm really excited about the route that we're going to run while we're there, should be a great way to finish this all out. :)
Thanks to everyone for the supportive comments & "likes" on FB, Twitter & Instagram! Thanks also to Lake & Kristen for helping me get through my miles this week, y'all are the best! Until next week, when hopefully I'll be typing that I've successfully run 100 miles during the month of July!
![]() |
| Week 3 runs...all sorts of weather fun! |

No comments:
Post a Comment