Well, Week 1 of my 100 Mile Challenge for the month of July is now over. I'm currently sitting at 29 miles for the month, so 79 more to go.
According to my math I should be at 22.5 miles for 7 days in, so I'm ahead of schedule, which is great!
This week hasn't been too bad, I did "two a days" on Monday & Tuesday running 7 miles & 6 miles....the rest of the week was just one run a day & I took a break on Saturday to give my legs a rest. Today I logged in another 4 miles, which wasn't the easiest run ever, but I could definitely appreciate the break I took yesterday.
During my "nature" runs I've seen 3 roadrunners, 4 bunnies, like 8 or 9 deer (thanks to the Salado Greenway), & a SNAKE! A really really really scary snake! It was black, red & yellow, I don't know if it was poisonous or not, I really don't think it mattered, I was scared & I ran really really really fast! I will definitely avoid that part of the greenway for a while, who knows how many of those crazy snakes are just chillin' in the brush.
Thanks to my very special guests who pushed me this week (Lake, Leah & Ariana), I appreciate you logging in some miles with me! I'm always open to running with anyone, so let me know if you want to join in on a walk or run. :)
Other than trying to stay hydrated, this week I need to stretch more & probably ice my knees, they're getting old! I also have the challenge of running in the Valley, where the wind is crazy, the humidity is ridiculous & the temperatures are relentless, wish me luck! ;)
Until next week! #100JulyMiles
![]() |
| 25 Miles Worth of Runs - Week 1 |

No comments:
Post a Comment