Race Goal: 28:00 flat! Considering how late I'd stayed out the night before at Alamo Heights Night, I wasn't expecting anything crazy. I felt good though when I got to the race & the weather was absolutely PERFECT for a run! A little chilly, about 55 degrees, nice breeze, so that was on my side.
Actual Time: 27:43, wohooooooo!! well that was my official watch time.....the "official" time on the results site is 27:51, but whatever, it was actually 3.11, so I did stop my watch before I crossed the line, but I'm sticking with my time, thank you very much!!
The Race: I ran the Providence to Pearl 5K. It was more like the Pearl to Pearl 5K, but oh well. We started right at Pearl right by La Gloria. Ran up river for like 1/2 mile, then turned back & ran down the river to the dam & turned back around to go back up river to Pearl. Lots of turns & such & lots of cross runner traffic which was slightly annoying, but it was a decent race. If it would have been a larger race this would've been a bigger problem. Kudos to the race coordinators for staggering the runners/walkers before the race started, had they not done that I don't think I would've been quite as fast.
Who'd I run with?: This race was myself, Mireya & Kristen. We all did great! :)
Coming Up (May Race): So I'm only planning on running 1 race in May & it's a 10K. The Poder 10K on Cinco de Mayo! :) We'll see how this one goes. I ran a 10K training run on Thursday of this week & it was ugly!! YIKES!! I guess I'm "goal-ing" this at: 1 Hour, flat! I'll just have to wait & see I suppose......
Actual Time: 27:43, wohooooooo!! well that was my official watch time.....the "official" time on the results site is 27:51, but whatever, it was actually 3.11, so I did stop my watch before I crossed the line, but I'm sticking with my time, thank you very much!!
The Race: I ran the Providence to Pearl 5K. It was more like the Pearl to Pearl 5K, but oh well. We started right at Pearl right by La Gloria. Ran up river for like 1/2 mile, then turned back & ran down the river to the dam & turned back around to go back up river to Pearl. Lots of turns & such & lots of cross runner traffic which was slightly annoying, but it was a decent race. If it would have been a larger race this would've been a bigger problem. Kudos to the race coordinators for staggering the runners/walkers before the race started, had they not done that I don't think I would've been quite as fast.
Who'd I run with?: This race was myself, Mireya & Kristen. We all did great! :)
Coming Up (May Race): So I'm only planning on running 1 race in May & it's a 10K. The Poder 10K on Cinco de Mayo! :) We'll see how this one goes. I ran a 10K training run on Thursday of this week & it was ugly!! YIKES!! I guess I'm "goal-ing" this at: 1 Hour, flat! I'll just have to wait & see I suppose......
No comments:
Post a Comment