Next year I will serve on the Board of Directors for the Junior League of San Antonio as the Communications Council Chair. This past Sunday I invited my council over to our home to meet, mix, mingle, snack, & play a couple cheesy "get to know you" games. All in all it was quite a fun afternoon if I do say so myself! ;)
I prepared a variety of snacks for the group, but I'd have to say that the most popular dish was the fruit salsa I made. I apologize for not having step by step photos available for view, but I didn't think it would be so good that it would be worthy of a blog post, I was surprisingly wrong!
Fruit Salsa
3/4 Cup Sliced Strawberries
3/4 Cup Sliced Mango *I went ahead & bought the pre-cubed ones that are available at HEB right now. I think mangoes are the most difficult fruit to deal with, so yes, I paid more for the convenience, but in my opinion, the convenience was well worth the extra couple dollars I spent
1/4 Cup Sliced Red Onion
4 Basil Leaves Sliced
2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
Salt & Pepper to taste
Combine all of the ingredients & gently mix together. You want to let all the juices mix together nicely so if you can, make this a couple of hours ahead of time.
We enjoyed this salsa with Sweet Potato chips which I discovered over the weekend as well. YUM-O!
After trying this, I think I may try a variation. I think the mango was so good, as were the strawberries, next time I may also add in some pineapple & a little more basil (2-3 more leaves). I think the amount of onion was fine though, I guess I'll have to slightly increase it if I add more fruit. All in all a very good, yummy, & easy salsa.
Enjoy!
*recipe courtesy of Pinterest
I prepared a variety of snacks for the group, but I'd have to say that the most popular dish was the fruit salsa I made. I apologize for not having step by step photos available for view, but I didn't think it would be so good that it would be worthy of a blog post, I was surprisingly wrong!
Fruit Salsa
3/4 Cup Sliced Strawberries
3/4 Cup Sliced Mango *I went ahead & bought the pre-cubed ones that are available at HEB right now. I think mangoes are the most difficult fruit to deal with, so yes, I paid more for the convenience, but in my opinion, the convenience was well worth the extra couple dollars I spent
1/4 Cup Sliced Red Onion
4 Basil Leaves Sliced
2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
Salt & Pepper to taste
Combine all of the ingredients & gently mix together. You want to let all the juices mix together nicely so if you can, make this a couple of hours ahead of time.
We enjoyed this salsa with Sweet Potato chips which I discovered over the weekend as well. YUM-O!
![]() |
| Complete Fruit Salsa before hitting the fridge for a couple hours |
After trying this, I think I may try a variation. I think the mango was so good, as were the strawberries, next time I may also add in some pineapple & a little more basil (2-3 more leaves). I think the amount of onion was fine though, I guess I'll have to slightly increase it if I add more fruit. All in all a very good, yummy, & easy salsa.
Enjoy!
*recipe courtesy of Pinterest

No comments:
Post a Comment