SPOILER: DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE A GREY'S ANATOMY FAN & HAVEN'T WATCHED THE SEASON 8 FINALE! (you've been warned)
Couple things:
1. I was a bit disappointed in the finale, I thought it was all too rushed & they were just trying to cram everything in one hour, that could have easily been a two hour finale, so that was a bit disappointing! I never felt emotionally invested, although my stomach did turn during several scenes....Derek's Arm, Mark's Chest, Arizona's Leg......bleh!
2. DID NOT see the departure of Teddy whatsoever...so kudos to you Shonda Rhimes, you got me there!
Now, let's recap...shall we:
Episode starts with all the interns entering in their first OR & Chief Webber giving his speech about their surgical residency....how cute & young did everyone look?!?! Too adorable! And awwwww, we got to catch a glimpse of George & Izzie....I miss them......
Flash to present & there's Meredith lying on the ground & then everything comes into focus, she wakes up & Cristina is over her & all you hear is Arizona screaming, NON-STOP....I could have done without that...over & over & over & over again.....Mark is stumbling around & now it's time to find Derek & Lexie.
Pooooooor Lexie :( Just thinking about it makes me really sad, although I kept it together last night...I try not to cry too much in front of friends & since I was over at a friend's watching it, I held it together....I plan on re-watching the episode this evening & I'm sure I'll bawl like a baby!! I kinda figured this is the way it would end, I knew she was the one to go, but I just didn't think she'd be dead within the first 20 minutes, holy crap, talk about anti-climactic! I was expecting for her to fight & have a chance & then die...which would have been so much sadder, so I guess maybe it's better she went quickly, seeing Mark Sloan that sad was hard to watch & I just wonder how he'll deal with her death, I knew he still loved her, stinks that she didn't know until about 1 minute before it was all over! And how much does it stink that they had to leave her under the big piece of plane, ouch!
Now we look for Derek, wow did his hand look awful! I wonder what will happen in that scenario?!? Will he be able to operate still, is this is a "Burke Can't Operate Like He Used to Before He Was Shot Scenario"...so Meredith will begin operating for him (secretively)...although she's a full fledged surgeon now, so I guess it wouldn't be as big of a deal as when Cristina was doing that for Burke. Glad he was OK though, I don't think I could have handled more wailing for Meredith! And props to her for keeping it together (for the most part). I do really like where her character has gone & how she's matured.
Those are kind of the highlights.....Teddy got fired because Hunt decides her fate?!? That was ridiculous & stupid & I hate that storyline! BLAH! :oP The 3 other surviving surgical residents are left with Webber at dinner waiting for Cristina & Meredith...and seriously, does Hunt not have a cell phone where the doctor from Boise could have called him & been like...."hey so your surgeons never showed, what's up with that?!"
Season 9 Premiere Predictions:
The doctors are still in the forest, lost! They'll be found, but I really think that Arizona is going to die. TWO HUGE REASONS:
1. I think she's much more seriously injured then was let on....the only clue really was that she kept coughing up blood, pretty much indicating that she's got some serious internal damage going on.
2. Callie's proclamation that life can change quickly.....yes, Callie, you are right, it can! And I'm sorry my friend, but for you, I think it will....
Because of Arizona's death, Karev will stay at Seattle Grace Mercy "Death" Hospital instead of leaving.....Meredith will be devastated by the death of her sister.....Sloan will break things off with his current gf & become a hermit?!?! OK, that one is a total random guess, but may be plausible?? OR Callie & Sloan will get back together because Callie will have a "back on men" season?? Cristina will stay to be with Meredith because she's so devastated & let's be honest....they're still each others "person"....Meredith & Derek will stay because, well because the show is called "Grey's Anatomy" & there's only one Grey left now. Thanks for that!
That's it, my predictions were pretty much dead on for the season finale, we'll see how my premiere ones pan out.....see ya in September folks!
Couple things:
1. I was a bit disappointed in the finale, I thought it was all too rushed & they were just trying to cram everything in one hour, that could have easily been a two hour finale, so that was a bit disappointing! I never felt emotionally invested, although my stomach did turn during several scenes....Derek's Arm, Mark's Chest, Arizona's Leg......bleh!
2. DID NOT see the departure of Teddy whatsoever...so kudos to you Shonda Rhimes, you got me there!
Now, let's recap...shall we:
Episode starts with all the interns entering in their first OR & Chief Webber giving his speech about their surgical residency....how cute & young did everyone look?!?! Too adorable! And awwwww, we got to catch a glimpse of George & Izzie....I miss them......
Flash to present & there's Meredith lying on the ground & then everything comes into focus, she wakes up & Cristina is over her & all you hear is Arizona screaming, NON-STOP....I could have done without that...over & over & over & over again.....Mark is stumbling around & now it's time to find Derek & Lexie.
Pooooooor Lexie :( Just thinking about it makes me really sad, although I kept it together last night...I try not to cry too much in front of friends & since I was over at a friend's watching it, I held it together....I plan on re-watching the episode this evening & I'm sure I'll bawl like a baby!! I kinda figured this is the way it would end, I knew she was the one to go, but I just didn't think she'd be dead within the first 20 minutes, holy crap, talk about anti-climactic! I was expecting for her to fight & have a chance & then die...which would have been so much sadder, so I guess maybe it's better she went quickly, seeing Mark Sloan that sad was hard to watch & I just wonder how he'll deal with her death, I knew he still loved her, stinks that she didn't know until about 1 minute before it was all over! And how much does it stink that they had to leave her under the big piece of plane, ouch!
Now we look for Derek, wow did his hand look awful! I wonder what will happen in that scenario?!? Will he be able to operate still, is this is a "Burke Can't Operate Like He Used to Before He Was Shot Scenario"...so Meredith will begin operating for him (secretively)...although she's a full fledged surgeon now, so I guess it wouldn't be as big of a deal as when Cristina was doing that for Burke. Glad he was OK though, I don't think I could have handled more wailing for Meredith! And props to her for keeping it together (for the most part). I do really like where her character has gone & how she's matured.
Those are kind of the highlights.....Teddy got fired because Hunt decides her fate?!? That was ridiculous & stupid & I hate that storyline! BLAH! :oP The 3 other surviving surgical residents are left with Webber at dinner waiting for Cristina & Meredith...and seriously, does Hunt not have a cell phone where the doctor from Boise could have called him & been like...."hey so your surgeons never showed, what's up with that?!"
Season 9 Premiere Predictions:
The doctors are still in the forest, lost! They'll be found, but I really think that Arizona is going to die. TWO HUGE REASONS:
1. I think she's much more seriously injured then was let on....the only clue really was that she kept coughing up blood, pretty much indicating that she's got some serious internal damage going on.
2. Callie's proclamation that life can change quickly.....yes, Callie, you are right, it can! And I'm sorry my friend, but for you, I think it will....
Because of Arizona's death, Karev will stay at Seattle Grace Mercy "Death" Hospital instead of leaving.....Meredith will be devastated by the death of her sister.....Sloan will break things off with his current gf & become a hermit?!?! OK, that one is a total random guess, but may be plausible?? OR Callie & Sloan will get back together because Callie will have a "back on men" season?? Cristina will stay to be with Meredith because she's so devastated & let's be honest....they're still each others "person"....Meredith & Derek will stay because, well because the show is called "Grey's Anatomy" & there's only one Grey left now. Thanks for that!
That's it, my predictions were pretty much dead on for the season finale, we'll see how my premiere ones pan out.....see ya in September folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment