Race Goal: 28:30, I say that, but I don't really mean it. I had set that as my April 21st race goal & this 5K just came up out of the blue, so I haven't exactly been "preparing" like I should have. Of course, this is all just an excuse to make it OK with what my actual time was.....
Actual Time: 29:25, booo!
The Race: I ran the Veterans Memorial High School 5K in Mission, TX. One of my aunts is an AP at this high school & I just so happened to be in town for my friend's wedding this past weekend, so I figured why not! My dad was already running it & my mom was volunteering at it, so it made sense.
The course started at the high school which is located at the corner of Mayberry Road & 2 Mile Line in Mission. It was soooooo windy that day so that was no fun! The course went south on Mayberry, then weaved through a couple neighborhoods, then west on 495, then some more neighborhood weaving, North on Conway, East on some rando road just south of 2 Mile, then back on Mayberry south & headed back to the start. All in all, for a first time race I thought it was really great! I found a couple of improvements that need to be made, but it was pretty okie dokie! :)
Who'd I run with?: Lake & my Dad, who both beat me.....SNAP!
Coming Up (April Race #2): Providence to Pearl 5K this Saturday, April 21st. This time I really mean it when I say I'm aiming for 28:00! YIKES!
Actual Time: 29:25, booo!
The Race: I ran the Veterans Memorial High School 5K in Mission, TX. One of my aunts is an AP at this high school & I just so happened to be in town for my friend's wedding this past weekend, so I figured why not! My dad was already running it & my mom was volunteering at it, so it made sense.
The course started at the high school which is located at the corner of Mayberry Road & 2 Mile Line in Mission. It was soooooo windy that day so that was no fun! The course went south on Mayberry, then weaved through a couple neighborhoods, then west on 495, then some more neighborhood weaving, North on Conway, East on some rando road just south of 2 Mile, then back on Mayberry south & headed back to the start. All in all, for a first time race I thought it was really great! I found a couple of improvements that need to be made, but it was pretty okie dokie! :)
Who'd I run with?: Lake & my Dad, who both beat me.....SNAP!
Coming Up (April Race #2): Providence to Pearl 5K this Saturday, April 21st. This time I really mean it when I say I'm aiming for 28:00! YIKES!
No comments:
Post a Comment