So just like my clothing pins, I also pin a ton of recipes on Pinterest, it's my "comida" board, that's "food" for you none bilingual folks ;) Anyway, along with getting fashion inspiration from my pins, I've also decided to actually start making the food that I pin! I've made a few things before from a recipe pin, some are good, some are NOT! It's always hit or miss, but I've also become a slightly better cook (slightly), so seeing ingredient combos in recipes I have a little bit better of an idea of what does or doesn't taste good together at least for what myself & the hubs likes!
So here's the recipe, which was originally posted on March 7th 2010 on the blog "i nom things"
So here's the recipe, which was originally posted on March 7th 2010 on the blog "i nom things"
Lemon Garlic Chicken Spaghetti – serves 2 (I added the chicken to the recipe)
2/3 lb. chicken breast (cubed, I added this to the recipe)
4 oz dry spaghetti (no clue how much that actually is, just grabbed & broke in half, twice)
1/4 cup grated parmesan (used a mix of parmesan, fontina, & asiago)
2 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic (used 2 medium cloves)
lemon
2 tbsp pine nuts (rough chopped these guys)
5-6 basil leaves, chiffonaded (I call this making basil confetti, thanks Rachael Ray!)
2 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic (used 2 medium cloves)
lemon
2 tbsp pine nuts (rough chopped these guys)
5-6 basil leaves, chiffonaded (I call this making basil confetti, thanks Rachael Ray!)
![]() |
| Here are the ingredients (minus the chicken)...and yes, I do lots of my shopping at Whole Foods...don't hate! |
- Cube the chicken. In a bowl drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) over the chicken. I also squeezed the other half of the lemon on the chicken just to tie together all of the flavors. Season with salt & pepper. Sauté chicken until cooked through, remove from heat & off to the side.
- Pour in EVOO and chopped up garlic into a small frying pan and let it cook over low heat, until the garlic starts to brown on edges. Immediately remove from heat and reserve. The fragrance from this is so so so good! While that’s starting up, boil up some spaghetti.
- While the pasta is boiling, chop up your basil like some fun confetti & rough chop your pine nuts. Let me add, I've never actually had anything with pine nuts, I was actually really liked them, gave the recipe a great crunch!
- In a large bowl pour your garlic oil, garlic chunks and all, squeeze in juice of 1/2 lemon. Add in your basil confetti & your pine nuts. Drain your spaghetti & throw it in the bowl with cheese and toss until well combined, don't forget to add in that chicken you set aside a while ago. Add in some cracked black pepper & plate. I added in another little bit of the shredded cheese to each plate.
![]() |
| Finished product, good times. |
The texture on this was crunchy, which sounds odd, but it was good. The taste is light & tangy, I was a big fan. The only thing I could think is that I could have had a little more of the garlic oil....maybe I made too much spaghetti, but all in all, a great, pretty easy recipe that I'll definitely be making again!
Two thumbs up & I'd recommend on a summer evening, very light & refreshing ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment