"If I'm honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all"~Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Oh My Goodness....I LIVE HERE! (and other realizations)

Yesterday, after an incredibly fun morning of volunteering at the Dallas Arboretum, which like seriously, if you've never been during "Blooms"...you have to go!
Spring at the Dallas Arboretum

Anyway, I was driving around doing house stuff (or as my bestie calls it, my foreman job!) and I went to look at a piece of furniture at a store location in Plano (Lamps Plus), when I got there, the piece that I wanted & had seen online wasn't available, but was in stock at their Dallas location.  I asked where it was, they told me & I was like...oh, I know how to get there, cool!  Hop into good 'ol Roxie, start making my way down 75 & of course there's a wreck, because...well, that's life here, so I make an exit around Mockingbird to avoid traffic & get to my location off of Knox....as I'm meandering on side streets to get to my location, I realize that I know exactly where I'm going & no longer need my Google Maps app.  (Side note:  before October all these streets & highways were GIBBERISH to me, so don't worry if you're confused)  As I pull up to the store, I think to myself, when did I become so acquainted with my new home?  When did I understand & remember where streets were in reference to where I am?  It was an odd feeling, it made me super happy & a little sad all at the same time.  Happy because this really does feel like home now, which may be an odd statement to say considering that we've lived here for almost 5 months now & getting to know this city has basically been a job for me.....but on the sad side of things it also made me miss SA, which I know, we don't live there anymore, I need to get over it, but still, I have slight pains at times of missing my former city....just like I still get pings of pain when I miss the Valley.  Moving is a funny thing, it's an awesome opportunity to get to know a whole new place, all new awesome people, but I think, for me, it's also made me appreciate the things about SA & the Valley that I love & when I do get to see those things again, makes me appreciate that time even more!

Maybe I'm being nostalgic because we are about to move into our new house on Tuesday, YES TUESDAY!  This entire process has taught me immense patience & also made me a granite expert, though I'd really rather NOT be!  As we bid farewell to our Addison apartment & say HELLO to our new home in the 'burbs I'm very grateful for all the past 5 months have brought to us, the good, the bad, the frustrating, and the wonderful moments are all apart of this new journey of ours.  I'm really excited to see what this next chapter brings!

Let's do this!
I think my "granite expertise" was well learned!  We
are in love with our new kitchen!



No comments:

Post a Comment