"If I'm honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all"~Audrey Hepburn

Monday, June 1, 2009

Baby Showers, Anniversary Parties, & B-Days...Oh My!

WOW am I sleepy! It was quite a busy weekend for me!

I took Friday off so I could get to the valley with plenty of time to get everything ready for Monica's "Mommy/Baby" Shower that took place that evening. I was planning on leaving around 9 or so, but when Lake got up for work, I was already semi-awake, so I just got ready with him. We had breakfast (which is quite rare) & I was on my way. I totally jammed out in the car.....it was awesome! :) I got to the valley around 11:00 or so & had lunch with my mom & then ran errands. I was in charge of getting a corsage for Monica, which I left till last minute & I found the perfect one at HEB! It was crazy, they had a set up of them, it was a pretty pinky/purple orchid. Anyway, after that my mom had a nail appointment & next door to the nail salon was a hair dresser, so I decided to have them wash & dry my hair, it turned out great! Got home, showered, & made up & it was off to the Republic of the Rio Grande in McAllen. The shower went great! I think my "How well do you know Monica?" Quiz was a hit! :) Afterwards Ames & I went to have one last drink & catch up. The whole night was super fun & I love spending time with my besties, it's hard being 4 hours away from them! I think & I hope Mon had a wonderful time as well! She kept trying to get me to feel Lily kick, but everytime I would get to her belly, Lily was done kicking, awwwwww.




The Table Settings (my thing!)



Mon's Hostesses with the Mostesses!




me & amy


Saturday morning I was supposed to run....but I didn't, I was so sleepy, oh well. Anyway, I woke up & went with my mom to pick up my sister-in-law, Leah, at the airport in McAllen. We then went & found some cute dresses at Steinmart for quite the deal. Then we lunched & went back to my parents house to wait for Leah's mom & sister in law to get in from Houston. I went with my parents to my Dad's aunt & uncle's 50th Anniversary Party. There was a mass first & then a reception. It was all sooooo nice! What a wonderful milestone to celebrate! 50 Years! WOW! :) Most of my family was there, so that was nice, I got to see Clara who I haven't seen since Christmas! She's soooooo big now! It's crazy, she's not a little girl anymore, I can't believe it!! Awhile into the reception I left to McAllen to go out for my friend Cristina's 27th b-day. I'd never been out down there....it was interesting to say the least. It was a lot of fun though, a good time was had by all!

my little Clara & I after the mass



reese, mon, cris, chelsea, me & christina out for b-day fun!



all the ladies at Speakeasy





christina, chelsea, amy & me at Boiler Room


Sunday we all woke up, ate El Pato (YUM!) & started getting ready for Leah's baby shower. It all went really great! Leah also asked us to be the baby's godparents, I started crying I was so honored! Lake is really excited about it too! :) Apparently a name has been decided on, but Leah & Demitri aren't telling. After the shower & clean up were over I was on my way out of the valley & I decided to stop in at Monica's baby shower in Edinburg, I'm glad I was able to at least make a cameo there. I'm so excited to meet Lily, she should be arriving in the next few weeks! I can't wait, hopefully she'll already be born when I'm back down there in 3 weeks. I got back to SA around 8:30 & watched the finale of The Hills, um, I didn't like it! at all! It wasn't a good way for Lauren to leave & I don't plan on watching it with Kristin, I don't like her!

Leah's Hostessess (L to R)
Tia Molly, Tia Sandra, Thelma, Mom, me, Leah, Lenore, Brianne, Tia Nina, Tia Nina, Geri Kay

All in all, it was quite the weekend! It was so great to see my family & friends & spend some QT with them, I love that! :) I'm sad Lake couldn't be there & he was missed, but work needed him, so what are ya gonna do! Anyway, I guess that's really it.

1 comment:

  1. I did have a wonderful time! Thank you so much! Sorry Lily was being stuck up ;o) Can't wait for you and Lake to meet her!

    ReplyDelete