Well well well, as of right now I have 1 more week of summer left! Going back to school next Monday (August 16th) for our inservice week. I plan on heading up to my campus a couple of times this week to help with "Prep Days" (essentially our school's pre-registration). I may also head up to my room next Saturday to get my room ready, I say ready, but let's be real, I teach high school, so there's not much when it comes to decorating....which I like! :)
Things have been pretty hectic lately, we went to Vegas last week & got back last Sunday night, I fell like I've used this entire last week trying to catch up on my sleep. It was really fun though & we got some great pool time in, of course that also brought with it some dreaded sunburn, on my scalp! ugh, that's terrible! Oh well, speaking of my hair, or head, I got a haircut on Friday, always fun. I re-did my highlights & went one shade darker than the last time, I love the color, it's really dark, but I guess it's just b/c my hair had gotten so light w/ the original batch of highlights I got Memorial Day. I also cut my hair about a 1/2 inch, which isn't much, but it needed to be done.
Anyway, we're using this week to just relax. This next weekend is the only free weekend we'll have for 1 month! The weekend of the 21st we'll be in Houston for a wedding reception, 28th we'll be in Little Rock for Maryn's 1st birthday party, Labor Day weekend we'll be here, but we'll be going to a wedding in Boerne, & the weekend of the 11th we'll be hosting a couples baby shower for our friend Shaunda, phew. We have a few weekends off, then we head to Disneyworld on Sept. 30th for the Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon at Epcot, ugh, I can't wait!!! :)
Other than preparing for school, we've just been running & hopefully getting more serious about it, we've been pretty lazy this summer, or at least I have. Well, there's not much to say than that, have a great week & teachers....enjoy your last week of Summer 2010!!!
Kelley (SIL) & I at Moorea Beach. The 21 & up pool at Mandalay Bay
Lake & I before dinner our 3rd night
our group at Todd English's P.U.B. for dinner our 3rd night
at Madame Tussauds, good times!





No comments:
Post a Comment