Pick our your outfits.....
I've found something very therapeutic & almost relaxing to do every evening at some point.
I'm taking about 5 minutes to pick out my "work" outfit for the next day. As trivial & almost superficial as this may sound, I have found that it relaxes me, helps me sleep better, allows me to move at a more leisurely pace in the morning & over all, feel more confident at work because I know that I actually thought about what I'd be wearing, instead of hazily picking it out at 6:50 in the morning while I'm trying to scarf down a Special K bar & not forget the keys to my classroom!
I came to this epiphany last Sunday (Aug 29th to be exact). During the 1st week of school, I traditionally take the time to pick out my outfits, fix my hair (straighten it), put on makeup (eyeshadow in particular), etc....after about the first week slowly but surely all this meticulous preparation for work each day starts to dwindle, it's sad but true. I trade in the time I would be picking out my outfit, with just 5 more minutes talking to Lake, watching "my" shows, or on Facebook. This year, I decided I'd make a small change in my daily routine & continue to take the time to put my outfit together for work the next day (past the 1st week of school). I know, I do realize again, that this does sound rather superficial, but shouldn't you put your best face forward everyday, or at least, the best thing that you feel like putting together the night before?
I've had lots of fun with it so far. Today for example, I found myself wearing an "oldie" but "goodie" Ann Taylor Loft dress that I actually wore to my college graduation party that my parents threw for me back in August of 2004. There were 2 things that elated me about putting this dress on:
1. That it still fit me 6 years later (guess running really does work!)
2. That (in my opinion) it was still relevant.
I simply placed a cashmere tan/camel colored 3/4 sleeve sweater over my sleeveless shoulders, add some pearls & I have a perfectly suitable outfit for school. I actually got compliments today, I LOVE THAT!
Think what you may, but I throughly believe that if you leave the house loving the outfit you're wearing, it'll be a spectacular day! :)
my "oldie" but "goodie" dress back in '04

No comments:
Post a Comment