I love Spring, the weather is amazing, everything is green again, Spring Break, Fiesta, Easter, just awesomeness! I haven't had a post in a couple of weeks now & it's basically for one reason..... I'm so dang busy!! Not that I'm complaining....simply stating a fact.
Cristina & Dyver's Wedding Weekend With the start of March last weekend Lake & I were in McAllen for Dyver & Cristina's wedding. We both took off work on Friday & drove down to the Valley with just enough time to have lunch at Renee's in Sharyland, then I got myself a pedi, got ready & we met up with Ames at House Wine, I'd never been there before or even heard of it, but let's face it....I'm no longer in "know" for what's happening in the Valley. While we were there we enjoyed the BEST, no seriously, THE BEST pommes frites! (potato & sweet potato fries sprinkled with some cheese & what I can only guess was garlic seasoning, not 100% sure, but what I am sure of is that they were amazing!). After that we went over to the church for the rehearsal. The Seals were married at the First Presbyterian Church. The rehearsal went great, I felt so tall, I was rocking these 4 inch heels that I ordered from ShoeDazzle in September. I've worn them a few times, while they are not characteristically "me"....I think the word "rocker" would be a good way to describe them, I feel they are fun to sport with certain ensembles. The dress of choice for this night was one that I'd purchased at my very favorite store, Anthropologie. It was a gray top, with a green, purple & gray high waisted skirt attached. I fell in love when I saw it, I'll also be re-wearing it to my cousin's wedding next weekend in Dallas, all in all....a good purchase! :) The wedding day (March 5th) was filled with hair appointments, make up, laughs, tears, joy, fun & dancing, lots of dancing! The night was the most perfect night for the reception! It rained early on in the day & with that rain came a nice mild cool front that dried everything out! The reception was partly covered & partly open air so the cool breeze felt awesome that night! Cristina's colors were a baby blue color coupled with a mango-y orange color, perfect combo!
Dallas Rock 'N Roll Half Marathon Back to work for me.....the very next weekend we were back in Dallas. I ran the Dallas Rock 'N Roll Half Marathon on Sunday of the weekend. I was extremely ill-prepared for this race & had actually contemplated NOT running it, but I sucked it up & did it! The day before that race both Lake & I ran the Green Door 5K in Rockwall, TX to benefit CRI (Children's Relief International) which a non-profit that our friends, Jason & Lindy work for. The city of Rockwall is a beautiful quaint little town about 30 minutes east of downtown Dallas. So normally I don't care how I "place" when I run a race, finishing is the most important thing & I can almost always guarantee that someone will always be behind me......well let me say....the people of Rockwall are FIT people!! My 5K time was by no means "stellar" but it was under 10:00 minutes a mile, which is decent...I'd say that I finished in the bottom 1/4 of the entire 100+ people running the race, geez! It was definitely NOT a confidence booster for the 1/2 marathon the next day!! The night before the race we met up with our SA transfer to Dallas friend Misty & she drove us around for an awesome dinner!! Tanya was also running the race & she was in from Dominica, so it was so great to see her! At dinner we were also joined by Tanya's mom, Janine & Anthony who were all there for moral support to their runners! ;) Sunday morning, bright & early we got down to the start line. Michelle, Tanya & I were nervous but ready to get the race started, so was everyone else. The weather was crisp, but definitely not cold, it was really good race day weather. Lake & Misty met up to find places to cheer me on during the race, it was definitely needed! And shout out to Cameron & Jennifer who also braved the chilly morning to cheer me on as well! I have an AMAZING support system. As the race went on, I lost Michelle & Tanya & got into my groove. The race started at the Dallas Convention Center, ran through uptown, Turtle Creek, Highland Park, around the SMU area & back down to Fair Park. I really hadn't mentally prepared myself for running the entire race, but once I got to about mile 8 & I hadn't stopped, I figured why not just keep going, I've gotten this far! At about mile 10 I realized that I was going to be able to beat my previous "PR" for a 1/2 marathon, so that was even more motivation! I ended the race at an "official" time of 2:18...I say "official" because my watch said I finished in 2:16:10, but I did stop my timing when my watch told me that I'd run 13.1 miles...so whatevs. Either time, I beat my previous PR which was 2:21! I was so excited & quite proud of myself....oh yeah & exhausted!
Cristina & Dyver's Wedding Weekend With the start of March last weekend Lake & I were in McAllen for Dyver & Cristina's wedding. We both took off work on Friday & drove down to the Valley with just enough time to have lunch at Renee's in Sharyland, then I got myself a pedi, got ready & we met up with Ames at House Wine, I'd never been there before or even heard of it, but let's face it....I'm no longer in "know" for what's happening in the Valley. While we were there we enjoyed the BEST, no seriously, THE BEST pommes frites! (potato & sweet potato fries sprinkled with some cheese & what I can only guess was garlic seasoning, not 100% sure, but what I am sure of is that they were amazing!). After that we went over to the church for the rehearsal. The Seals were married at the First Presbyterian Church. The rehearsal went great, I felt so tall, I was rocking these 4 inch heels that I ordered from ShoeDazzle in September. I've worn them a few times, while they are not characteristically "me"....I think the word "rocker" would be a good way to describe them, I feel they are fun to sport with certain ensembles. The dress of choice for this night was one that I'd purchased at my very favorite store, Anthropologie. It was a gray top, with a green, purple & gray high waisted skirt attached. I fell in love when I saw it, I'll also be re-wearing it to my cousin's wedding next weekend in Dallas, all in all....a good purchase! :) The wedding day (March 5th) was filled with hair appointments, make up, laughs, tears, joy, fun & dancing, lots of dancing! The night was the most perfect night for the reception! It rained early on in the day & with that rain came a nice mild cool front that dried everything out! The reception was partly covered & partly open air so the cool breeze felt awesome that night! Cristina's colors were a baby blue color coupled with a mango-y orange color, perfect combo!
me, Ames, Cris, Mon, Connie, & Monica....AKA the Memorial Crew, AKA, the bestiest friends that a gal could ever ask for!
Spring Break This week pretty much consisted of being lazy, cleaning, shopping, running, & most importantly RELAXING! I was quite proud of myself for the amount of running that I did during this week. I was able to run a total of 22 miles that week. I had 3 long runs, one of which I ran at the Salado Creek Greenway & the other two long runs I did at the Leon Creek Greenway, which, thanks to my friend Christy, I newly discovered. It's located at the corner of 1604 & I-10 & runs all the way to Babcock & farther, but that's as far as I took the trail. One day during the week I pushed my running start time to 2:00 p.m., BIG mistake! Mid-March is already pretty warm in SA, so I quickly regretted that decision! It was way too hot to run outside at that time of the day, I ended up walking half of the run & wanting to die! (over dramatic much?!?!), I also ended up with a pretty ridiculous short, tank, & sock tan....oh well, summer is around the corner for me to even that out! ;) That was pretty much Spring Break, again, nothing much, just relaxing. The last weekend of the break we drove up to Dallas & attended my cousin Tabitha's wedding in Grapevine. Lake & I stayed at the Gaylord Texan, that place is AWESOME! It's huge, wowza! Loved it though, we had a great time & it was a pretty wedding :)
Spring Break This week pretty much consisted of being lazy, cleaning, shopping, running, & most importantly RELAXING! I was quite proud of myself for the amount of running that I did during this week. I was able to run a total of 22 miles that week. I had 3 long runs, one of which I ran at the Salado Creek Greenway & the other two long runs I did at the Leon Creek Greenway, which, thanks to my friend Christy, I newly discovered. It's located at the corner of 1604 & I-10 & runs all the way to Babcock & farther, but that's as far as I took the trail. One day during the week I pushed my running start time to 2:00 p.m., BIG mistake! Mid-March is already pretty warm in SA, so I quickly regretted that decision! It was way too hot to run outside at that time of the day, I ended up walking half of the run & wanting to die! (over dramatic much?!?!), I also ended up with a pretty ridiculous short, tank, & sock tan....oh well, summer is around the corner for me to even that out! ;) That was pretty much Spring Break, again, nothing much, just relaxing. The last weekend of the break we drove up to Dallas & attended my cousin Tabitha's wedding in Grapevine. Lake & I stayed at the Gaylord Texan, that place is AWESOME! It's huge, wowza! Loved it though, we had a great time & it was a pretty wedding :)
St. Patrick's Day at Kennedy's with some of my best buddies (Shaunda, Michelle, & Janine)
Miss Maryn ready to go to Tabitha's Wedding
The "Gandaria" Cousins & their spouses at Tabitha & Josh's Wedding
Lake, me, Demitri, Leah, Josh, Tabitha, Christopher & Samantha
Dallas Rock 'N Roll Half Marathon Back to work for me.....the very next weekend we were back in Dallas. I ran the Dallas Rock 'N Roll Half Marathon on Sunday of the weekend. I was extremely ill-prepared for this race & had actually contemplated NOT running it, but I sucked it up & did it! The day before that race both Lake & I ran the Green Door 5K in Rockwall, TX to benefit CRI (Children's Relief International) which a non-profit that our friends, Jason & Lindy work for. The city of Rockwall is a beautiful quaint little town about 30 minutes east of downtown Dallas. So normally I don't care how I "place" when I run a race, finishing is the most important thing & I can almost always guarantee that someone will always be behind me......well let me say....the people of Rockwall are FIT people!! My 5K time was by no means "stellar" but it was under 10:00 minutes a mile, which is decent...I'd say that I finished in the bottom 1/4 of the entire 100+ people running the race, geez! It was definitely NOT a confidence booster for the 1/2 marathon the next day!! The night before the race we met up with our SA transfer to Dallas friend Misty & she drove us around for an awesome dinner!! Tanya was also running the race & she was in from Dominica, so it was so great to see her! At dinner we were also joined by Tanya's mom, Janine & Anthony who were all there for moral support to their runners! ;) Sunday morning, bright & early we got down to the start line. Michelle, Tanya & I were nervous but ready to get the race started, so was everyone else. The weather was crisp, but definitely not cold, it was really good race day weather. Lake & Misty met up to find places to cheer me on during the race, it was definitely needed! And shout out to Cameron & Jennifer who also braved the chilly morning to cheer me on as well! I have an AMAZING support system. As the race went on, I lost Michelle & Tanya & got into my groove. The race started at the Dallas Convention Center, ran through uptown, Turtle Creek, Highland Park, around the SMU area & back down to Fair Park. I really hadn't mentally prepared myself for running the entire race, but once I got to about mile 8 & I hadn't stopped, I figured why not just keep going, I've gotten this far! At about mile 10 I realized that I was going to be able to beat my previous "PR" for a 1/2 marathon, so that was even more motivation! I ended the race at an "official" time of 2:18...I say "official" because my watch said I finished in 2:16:10, but I did stop my timing when my watch told me that I'd run 13.1 miles...so whatevs. Either time, I beat my previous PR which was 2:21! I was so excited & quite proud of myself....oh yeah & exhausted!
Tanya, Michelle & I after completing the Dallas Rock 'N Roll Half Marathon
FIESTA! and now Fiesta is finally upon the fair city of San Antonio! :) This week & a half celebration is such a great tradition in this city & I love it! Last year was the first year that I decided to go all out for Fiesta. Mainly because Lake was in India during Fiesta & I was just trying to keep myself busy! This year on the schedule is: Alamo Heights Night at Incarnate Word Oyster Bake at St. Mary's University NIOSA (Night In Old San Antonio) at La Villita Taste of the Northside at Sonterra Gartenfest at Beethoven's King William Fair at King William District PHEW! What a jam packed 10 days, but oh so fun! Along with all the fun events my place of work also gives us April 15th off for Fiesta! nice perk! Honestly on Friday, I'll just be relaxing & sleeping in, oh & hopefully going to the movies to see Scream4! Happy Spring All!
FIESTA! and now Fiesta is finally upon the fair city of San Antonio! :) This week & a half celebration is such a great tradition in this city & I love it! Last year was the first year that I decided to go all out for Fiesta. Mainly because Lake was in India during Fiesta & I was just trying to keep myself busy! This year on the schedule is: Alamo Heights Night at Incarnate Word Oyster Bake at St. Mary's University NIOSA (Night In Old San Antonio) at La Villita Taste of the Northside at Sonterra Gartenfest at Beethoven's King William Fair at King William District PHEW! What a jam packed 10 days, but oh so fun! Along with all the fun events my place of work also gives us April 15th off for Fiesta! nice perk! Honestly on Friday, I'll just be relaxing & sleeping in, oh & hopefully going to the movies to see Scream4! Happy Spring All!
Lauren & I at Alamo Heights Night
Lake & I enjoying the sun & good food at Oyster Bake
NIOSA with Janine, Michelle, & Erica B
Taste of the Northside at Sonterrra with the hubs
Gartenfest at Beethoven's with Miss Kristen
King William Fair with Little Miss Izzie (Kristen's Dog)












No comments:
Post a Comment