Race Goal: 1:08:00, I had originally thought my 1/2 of the race was 6.8 miles, so I figured a 10:00/mile pace was quite feasible.
Coming Up (March Race #2): The Culinaria 5K at La Cantera Mall tomorrow (March 24th). I'm still trying to hit that elusive 28:30, but I'm not hedging my bets on this race. I haven't run since Sunday & I haven't been feeling well since Tuesday, so we'll see. As long as I break 30:00 I'll be happy, but I'd really LOVE to hit my 28:30 mark....fingers crossed!
Quick Update:
The JLSA Running Club has their first run on Tuesday, March 27th! My friend Kristen & I are so excited & there has been quite a bit of interest! YAY!
![]() |
| about to hand off to Leah, I was laughing because my neice was yelling "HURRY YAYA!!" |
Actual Time: 1:08:44, so in actuality I only ran 6.75 miles, well according to the course. According to my watch I only ran 6.54 miles, so I was way slower than my goal. I'm disappointed, but oh well. I finished. I still haven't checked our "official" time, but I think Leah crossed the finish line at 2:07, so she did a GREAT job! Go Leah!
![]() |
| Finishing off the race, GO MAMA Leah! |
The Race: The Alamo 13.1. It benefited the Leukemia / Lymphoma Society. The race started off in downtown, just in front of the Alamo, then weaved a bit through downtown. We then ended up on Avenue B which runs parallel to Broadway. We ran down Ave. B to the Witte Museum, then hooked a left into Brackenridge Park. Ran through the park for about .75 miles, then ended up back on Ave. B & running back towards downtown. We took a right on Josephine St. & my leg ended about .6 miles later. I handed off to Leah who ran the rest of the 13.1 miles. I didn't feel amazing during the run, I didn't feel bad either.....I kinda just wasn't "feeling it" actually, so oh well! I guess a week off of virtually no running, lots of bad for you food & drinks probably didn't help me out in any way. Oh well!
![]() |
| Leah & I with our medals |
Who'd I run with?: just me & my sister in law Leah! :)
Quick Update:
The JLSA Running Club has their first run on Tuesday, March 27th! My friend Kristen & I are so excited & there has been quite a bit of interest! YAY!
![]() |
| my cool kid nephew, Hayden :) |




No comments:
Post a Comment