Race Goal: 35 minutes. My leg of the race was 3.7 miles & our overall goal was 2 hours for a 1/2 marathon relay (between 4 folks)
Actual Time: 35:15, so I was a little off, but not bad, I guess. I wasn't super happy with my performance because I know I could have done better, but you deal with what you deal with. I have something to work towards! :)
Our total team time was 2:01:42, so oh well, a little off, but I think we all did awesome!!
The Race: I ran the Carrabas 1/2 Marathon 4-person relay at McAllister Park on Saturday. I was the 1st leg/longest leg of the race. Good & bad with that....I got the relatively "coolest" portion of the race, but it was still way humid. The race overall was so fun! I highly recommend running relays when it comes to 1/2 marathons, that's really the only way to do it! ;)
![]() |
| Team 2Fat 2Furious myself, Lake, Mireya & Matt |
Who'd I run with?: Team 2Fat 2Furious
Team Members (in order of race legs)
Myself, Matt, Lake & Mireya
We kinda pulled this together in the last 2 weeks & I'm so glad that I was able to find 3 other folks to run with me! I'm not sure what I would have done had I not run this race. My "usual" group of running ladies had run a race last Saturday, but Lake & I were in College Station for a wedding, so I was out for that one.....this race ended up being SUPER fun & I think our group had a great time with it! :)
Coming Up (July Race): I'm running the SARR 4 Miler Freedom Run on Wednesday, July 4th. Leah & I will be running this together. Or, well at least I'll try to keep up with Leah during the race, we'll see how that goes though.....
I'm "goaling" my time at 37:30, so we'll see how it goes. I've been able to run quite a bit during the week, the heat & humidity adds a totally different factor to runs though, blah! Yay Summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment