"If I'm honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all"~Audrey Hepburn

Friday, July 24, 2009

Houston Fun/Summer Fun/Birthday Fun!




So over the weekend we went to Houston to bid farewell to our friends Courtney & Evan, they are moving to Italy for the next 3 years due to the Air Force. We left San Antonio after our Saturday morning run. We ran 4 miles last Saturday & I think it went pretty well for me, it wasn't easy that's for sure, but I think I paced myself well & it went OK. :)
Anyway, after our run we took a nap, made breakfast, then got on the road. When we got to Houston we went over to Curt & Kelcey's house & hung out for the afternoon with friends which was nice to catch up! We then went to dinner & then out to a bar, it was fun. We of course had to have late night Whataburger after!!! Sunday we woke up & just went to eat lunch with Curt & Kelcey, super yummy tacos! Lake & I then drove back to San Antonio & just watched our Sunday night TV (The Next Food Network Star & Entourage).


Lake, Evan, & Curt at The Armadillo Palace

The Ellis' with The Epstein's

Courtney, Evan, Bo, & Steven at Whataburger--Late Night!

Monday morning I went with Kathleen & Caroline to the San Antonio Botanical Gardens. I'd been there before for a concert, but I'd never actually looked around there, that place is HUGE! Anyway, it was lots of fun & I think Caroline had a great time. She enjoyed all the birds & noises that were around the plants, I think she enjoyed the animals more than the flowers! :) It was a fun morning, but quite HOT!!
Caroline admiring the waterfall
Kathleen explaining cactus to Caroline & not to touch them
she was having a conversation with the ducks. I was a little nervous with those ducks, but they were really nice.
peek-a-bo, we had a good time with this for a good 10 minutes....that's pretty good for a 2 year old!
Monday night was just Monday night TV, The Bachelorette & Weeds. OK, wasn't Chris Harrison just absolute hilarity on Monday night! This "Men Tell All" was the best one ever!! He was hosting it so well, giving attitude, being super sarcastic, i LOVED it!! Anyway, I'm really hoping Jillian picks Kiptyn, but I have a feeling she's going to pick Ed. Ed seems like a perfectly good guy, but those green swim trunks...eeeeesh! This isn't 1983 Ed! ; )
Tuesday I cleaned....that's about it.
Wednesday I had a Photoshop Training at Warren HS, it was a good workshop & I got some good information. I was able to see my friend Anabelle there, who is going to be teaching at Brandeis, so even though we won't be at the same school this year, we'll at least be in the same district. Wednesday night Lake & I went over to my in-laws house for a pre-birthday dinner. It was so fun. My in-laws put up signs all over their house for me, it's an Ellis thing, & I love it! Lake did that for me after I was in the valley for a few days & came back to SA, it was so sweet! While at my in-laws we got to talk to Lauren (our niece) & Kelley (my sister-in-law) on Skype, so that was super great!!!! Lauren showed me some of her cheerleading moves, it was so cute, I was so proud! Guess that's really it. We are having dinner tonight with friends at StoneWerks for my birthday & tomorrow we leave for Disneyworld. I already have our itinerary laid out, ahhhhhhhhh, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment