"If I'm honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all"~Audrey Hepburn

Sunday, January 22, 2012

2012 New Year's Resolution: January Race


I never make New Year's Resolutions....ever!  Nothing against anyone that does, I just never have....This year I decided to make one, but make the "results" really easy to see.  

2012 New Year's Resolution
I am planning on running at least 1 race every month.  I think I've also managed on getting some friends to do this with me!  This morning I ran my first race, Too Cold Too Hold 5K/15K at McAllister Park.  January's group was:  me, Leah, Mireya, Kristen, Anne, her husband Mike, Ariana, Michelle, Lori & her husband.....the last 3 ran the 15K.

Race Goal:  Under 30 minutes

Race Time:  28:55, WOHOOOO!  This is my fastest 5K time ever.  My previous "PR" was 29:40 last March at the Green Door 5K in Rockwall, which we may run again this year.  The March race is still up in the air.....

The Race:  We ran through McAllister Park, the trail was good, a little tight in some places, but all in all I thought it was laid out well & not too difficult to navigate.  Everyone did super good & I'm super proud of everyone!  YAY!!  :)

Who'd I run it with?:  Anne, Kristen, Leah, Mireya, Michelle, & Ariana

Coming Up (February Race):
Run4Hope 5K Run/Walk at Brackenridge Park on February 25th, if you'd like to join in on the fun, check out the website for the race!  :)
http://www.active.com/running/san-antonio-tx/run-4-hope-5k-run-walk-2012

Next Race Goal:  28:30, not crazy faster, any little bit faster is a big difference!  

Too Cold Too Hold 5K Race:  January 22nd 2012; 1 race down, 11 more to go!


Most of the gals from our "group" that ran this morning



No comments:

Post a Comment