"If I'm honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all"~Audrey Hepburn

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Lemon-y Pasta with Chicken


Lemon Pasta with Chicken
Ingredients

1/2 a box of Pasta; I used bow tie, but the original recipe called for penne...it's just whatever shape
3/4 of a lb. of chicken breast
Salt & Pepper
3 Garlic Cloves, sliced
1/4 tsp. of Red Pepper Flakes
3 tblsp. EVOO
3 tblsp. of chopped parsley (garnish)
1 lemon, juiced
2 handfuls of grated Parmesan Cheese

**makes 4-5 servings


*Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water (I also add pepper to the water before I boil the pasta)
*Boil until al dente.  Drain pasta.


*Season chicken with salt & pepper & drizzle with EVOO to sauté in a pan over medium high heat
*Grill until golden & completely cooked.
*Remove to plate 


*In a saute' pan add the sliced garlic & red pepper flakes with the 3 tablespoons of EVOO & sauté until fragrant.  Add the cooked pasta to the pan & toss together


*Remove pasta to a large bowl & add the chicken to the pasta & season with salt & pepper.
*Sprinkle in the chopped parsley
*Add the juice of the lemon & toss


*Right before serving top the pasta with parmesan cheese


This pasta ends up being super light & tangy!!  :)  Just make sure you add enough EVOO to the pan because that becomes your "sauce" 
And might I add, I had it for lunch the next day & it was really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment