So I've been asked, on a few occasions to share my "recipe" for guacamole. I say "recipe" because it's not really one....more just avocado with a couple other things thrown in for good measure & for yummy delish-is-ness!
My love for the avocado began at an early age, my mom was a HUGE fan, so there were many many times where we'd share a smashed avocado sandwich for lunch.....two pieces of white bread with some avocado all mashed up in the middle....simple & as good as that! Since that time my poor mother has had to give up the wonderful-ness that is the avocado! She discovered it was triggering her migraines, super bummer!! I try not to bring up my guacamole around her, I think it's cruel.....I just hope I don't one day suffer the same fate.....
So how do I make "my" guacamole? Well, I kinda stole my secret ingredient from Boudro's on the Riverwalk, shhhhhhh, don't tell them though!
EVE's Guacamole
*1 Ripe Large Haas Avocado (mashed)
*HEB Prepared Pico de Gallo (I buy mild, I'm a wuss when it comes to spicy stuff, but I'd say if you like it spicy, get it spicy!); I use about 2 - 3 heaping tablespoons. It kinda depends on how much avocado you were able to get out. Just remember, you always want more avocado, then pico.....figure out your own ratio.
*Juice of 1 Lime or 2 -3 small key limes
*Juice of 1/2 an Orange (***secret ingredient)
*Salt & Peppar to taste
*Your favorite bag of tortilla chips OR I've recently discovered that this goes great with Pita Chips as well!
This makes a good bowl full, so it can be used as an appetizer for a dinner of about 4-6 people depending on how addictive they think it is....
*In a small bowl, mash up your avocado
*Mix in the pico 1 tablespoon at a time & mix; you may find that you are good with just 1 tblsp. or just 2, again, this is to your liking
(**NOTE: You want to drain the pico of all the juice, there's not much, but you don't want your guac to be runny)
*Squeeze in one 1/2 of the lime & mix. Taste at this point, if you find that it's "limey" enough, then your good, if you want a little more zing, add in the other half
*Squeez in the Orange 1/2 & mix
(**NOTE: the orange adds a really good citrus flavor without being super sour & adds a slight sweetness as well, it's so good! If you don't like orange though, then just skip it)
*Add in the salt & pepper to your liking
*Enjoy with your favorite bag of chips! :)
My love for the avocado began at an early age, my mom was a HUGE fan, so there were many many times where we'd share a smashed avocado sandwich for lunch.....two pieces of white bread with some avocado all mashed up in the middle....simple & as good as that! Since that time my poor mother has had to give up the wonderful-ness that is the avocado! She discovered it was triggering her migraines, super bummer!! I try not to bring up my guacamole around her, I think it's cruel.....I just hope I don't one day suffer the same fate.....
So how do I make "my" guacamole? Well, I kinda stole my secret ingredient from Boudro's on the Riverwalk, shhhhhhh, don't tell them though!
EVE's Guacamole
*1 Ripe Large Haas Avocado (mashed)
*HEB Prepared Pico de Gallo (I buy mild, I'm a wuss when it comes to spicy stuff, but I'd say if you like it spicy, get it spicy!); I use about 2 - 3 heaping tablespoons. It kinda depends on how much avocado you were able to get out. Just remember, you always want more avocado, then pico.....figure out your own ratio.
*Juice of 1 Lime or 2 -3 small key limes
*Juice of 1/2 an Orange (***secret ingredient)
*Salt & Peppar to taste
*Your favorite bag of tortilla chips OR I've recently discovered that this goes great with Pita Chips as well!
This makes a good bowl full, so it can be used as an appetizer for a dinner of about 4-6 people depending on how addictive they think it is....
*In a small bowl, mash up your avocado
*Mix in the pico 1 tablespoon at a time & mix; you may find that you are good with just 1 tblsp. or just 2, again, this is to your liking
(**NOTE: You want to drain the pico of all the juice, there's not much, but you don't want your guac to be runny)
*Squeeze in one 1/2 of the lime & mix. Taste at this point, if you find that it's "limey" enough, then your good, if you want a little more zing, add in the other half
*Squeez in the Orange 1/2 & mix
(**NOTE: the orange adds a really good citrus flavor without being super sour & adds a slight sweetness as well, it's so good! If you don't like orange though, then just skip it)
*Add in the salt & pepper to your liking
*Enjoy with your favorite bag of chips! :)
![]() |
| the final product |

No comments:
Post a Comment