So I've created 2 New Appetizers that I'm excited to share, they're both quite easy to make & not all that figure friendly, but super yummy!!
Candied Jalapenos in Cream Cheese (Courtesy of Buc-ee's Convenience Store)
3/4 of a jar of Candied Jalapenos (from Buc-ee's)
8 oz. Light Cream Cheese
Combine the cream cheese & candied jalapenos, including the juice until creamy. The farther in advance you make it, the spicier it gets!
I'm not really sure about the whole "look" of the final product, but it sure does taste good! With some chips or water crackers, it's a perfect companion! :)
For something that's much prettier to look at I also found this great tasting & looking recipe last week that I've made.
Goat Cheese Coated in Chopped Pistachios & Craisins
2 tblsp. of pistachios (chopped)
2 tblsp. of craisins (chopped)
8 oz. of Plain Goat Cheese Log
Chop the Pistachios & Craisins. On a large plate combine the pistachios & craisins. Take the Goat Cheese Log & roll & coat the cheese with the pistachio/craisin mixture.
You can make this ahead of time, just wrap the log in saran wrap & place in the fridge till you are ready to devour! :)
Hope you find a time & place to enjoy these recipes. The Goat Cheese Log was especially fun to make!! ;) I'll be enjoying these tomorrow while watching the season premiere of the new season of The Bachelor!
I don't feel as guilty about consuming these since I've finally gotten back to running (a bit), yay 2011!



No comments:
Post a Comment