Not to be a pessmist, and I'm honestly trying my hardest this year to be more OPTIMISTIC (I figure if I write something in all caps, I'll remember it) but boy 2011, you're kicking me in the booty! Well, let's just hope it's only January.
With the new year upon us, I was hoping for my running to get under way. Especially since I have a 5K next Saturday (Feb. 5th) in New Braunfels AND a 1/2 Marathon at the end of March to prepare for. So far, this month, I'd say running has been one of the last things I can concentrate on because
1. I'm just so darn busy. Between trying to be the best wife ever :), friend time, work, lesson plans, trying to keep the house in order, Junior League, & just life in general, fitting in time to run has been really difficult! I need to muster up my "summer" spirit & get running. I think the weather being cold & dreary a lot of this month hasn't helped much. I hate running at the gym, it's just not something that I enjoy or look forward to, so when that's the only option I usually come up with any excuse to NOT do it! That's so bad. I'm hoping that as the days get longer & hopefully warmer, running outside becomes my #1 option again.
2. I'm SICK! Full on, congestion & cough SICK! I'm sure staying up late at casinos in Vegas did not help my immune system. The day I left Vegas, I left with a sore throat & it's only gotten much worse. I'd have to say the worst day was last Thursday, definitely feeling flu-ish. Over the weekend we were in Dallas & that's when my lovely cough started & hasn't stopped yet. I've woken up the last 2 nights with an awful cough & what makes it worse is that it wakes up Lake, so I feel doubly bad. :( On a good note, I'm not really feeling as run down now, so that's good, hopefully I'll get rid of all the coughing in the next few days & finally feel back to normal & get back to running!
Well, I'm definitely looking forward to what 2011 has to offer, but I'm pretty sure I'm ready for at least January 2011 to be over.
And on a MUCH MUCH better note: tomorrow is my HALF BIRTHDAY! :) Not that I commerate half birthdays in anyway, it just reminds me of Alice in Wonderland & that makes me smile :)


oh yes, and in reference to my previous post (LBD), here was our "LBD Night" in Las Vegas! :)
With the new year upon us, I was hoping for my running to get under way. Especially since I have a 5K next Saturday (Feb. 5th) in New Braunfels AND a 1/2 Marathon at the end of March to prepare for. So far, this month, I'd say running has been one of the last things I can concentrate on because
1. I'm just so darn busy. Between trying to be the best wife ever :), friend time, work, lesson plans, trying to keep the house in order, Junior League, & just life in general, fitting in time to run has been really difficult! I need to muster up my "summer" spirit & get running. I think the weather being cold & dreary a lot of this month hasn't helped much. I hate running at the gym, it's just not something that I enjoy or look forward to, so when that's the only option I usually come up with any excuse to NOT do it! That's so bad. I'm hoping that as the days get longer & hopefully warmer, running outside becomes my #1 option again.
2. I'm SICK! Full on, congestion & cough SICK! I'm sure staying up late at casinos in Vegas did not help my immune system. The day I left Vegas, I left with a sore throat & it's only gotten much worse. I'd have to say the worst day was last Thursday, definitely feeling flu-ish. Over the weekend we were in Dallas & that's when my lovely cough started & hasn't stopped yet. I've woken up the last 2 nights with an awful cough & what makes it worse is that it wakes up Lake, so I feel doubly bad. :( On a good note, I'm not really feeling as run down now, so that's good, hopefully I'll get rid of all the coughing in the next few days & finally feel back to normal & get back to running!
Well, I'm definitely looking forward to what 2011 has to offer, but I'm pretty sure I'm ready for at least January 2011 to be over.
And on a MUCH MUCH better note: tomorrow is my HALF BIRTHDAY! :) Not that I commerate half birthdays in anyway, it just reminds me of Alice in Wonderland & that makes me smile :)


oh yes, and in reference to my previous post (LBD), here was our "LBD Night" in Las Vegas! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment