Race Goal: 28:30, a whopping 19 seconds faster than my previous time.
Actual Time: 28:41, so the site says I ran it slower, but hey, I go by my watch & if my watch says 28:41, I ran a 28:41, suck it race clock! And ACTUALLY I just noticed that I PRed, AGAIN! For some reason, I thought I'd run my last 5K in 28:40, so I was a little upset that I was just 1 second slower. I mean c'mon, if you're gonna fail, FAIL BIG! But now I'm super happy!!!!!
The Race: Run4Hope, it was put on by the Rape Crisis Center. The race was at Brackenridge Park, again, same exact course. The weather was much more bearable this time though, my health....not so much. I hadn't felt well on Friday, so I went to bed early hoping I'd feel better. I woke up & felt a little better, but not 100% & my tummy hurt :( So I ran, fast at the beginning, then I think my body got mad, so around mile 1.5, I pulled back, basically so I wouln't throw up & clipped along at a slower pace for about four tenths of a mile (one song). I started feeling a little better & kicked it in the last mile, felt great after that!
Who'd I run it with?: Kristen, Mireya, Anne, & her hubby Mike. While I was there I saw another friend who was running, it was quite the popular race!
Coming Up (March Race): Leah & I are running a 1/2 Marathon Relay on Sunday, March 18th that runs through downtown SA. I'm not sure the exact mileage, but I know it's more than 6.5 & that I'm running the longer portion, but it's flat. My goal is just to keep it at 10:00mins/mile pace, since I'm not exactly sure what the mileage is. I haven't run more than 5 miles since the Vegas 1/2 (DISASTER) & I'm a wee bit worried, so we will see how this turns out. I'm not sure I'll have the chance to run any longer distances before the race.....and I know I'm not running the week prior to the race since we're going to New Orleans at the beginning of my Spring Break & I'll be in the Valley for the end of my break, so yeah.......wish me luck!
On another note, some of my JLSA buddies & I will be starting a running club next month, which I am so excited about! We are going to try to meet twice a month, once during the week for an evening run & one run on the weekend. We're also hoping that we can get larger groups in on the "Race a Month Challenge." Our first "official" JLSA Running Club run is set for March 27th, YAY!
Actual Time: 28:41, so the site says I ran it slower, but hey, I go by my watch & if my watch says 28:41, I ran a 28:41, suck it race clock! And ACTUALLY I just noticed that I PRed, AGAIN! For some reason, I thought I'd run my last 5K in 28:40, so I was a little upset that I was just 1 second slower. I mean c'mon, if you're gonna fail, FAIL BIG! But now I'm super happy!!!!!
The Race: Run4Hope, it was put on by the Rape Crisis Center. The race was at Brackenridge Park, again, same exact course. The weather was much more bearable this time though, my health....not so much. I hadn't felt well on Friday, so I went to bed early hoping I'd feel better. I woke up & felt a little better, but not 100% & my tummy hurt :( So I ran, fast at the beginning, then I think my body got mad, so around mile 1.5, I pulled back, basically so I wouln't throw up & clipped along at a slower pace for about four tenths of a mile (one song). I started feeling a little better & kicked it in the last mile, felt great after that!
![]() |
| Mireya, me, Kristen & Anne getting ready to run |
Coming Up (March Race): Leah & I are running a 1/2 Marathon Relay on Sunday, March 18th that runs through downtown SA. I'm not sure the exact mileage, but I know it's more than 6.5 & that I'm running the longer portion, but it's flat. My goal is just to keep it at 10:00mins/mile pace, since I'm not exactly sure what the mileage is. I haven't run more than 5 miles since the Vegas 1/2 (DISASTER) & I'm a wee bit worried, so we will see how this turns out. I'm not sure I'll have the chance to run any longer distances before the race.....and I know I'm not running the week prior to the race since we're going to New Orleans at the beginning of my Spring Break & I'll be in the Valley for the end of my break, so yeah.......wish me luck!
On another note, some of my JLSA buddies & I will be starting a running club next month, which I am so excited about! We are going to try to meet twice a month, once during the week for an evening run & one run on the weekend. We're also hoping that we can get larger groups in on the "Race a Month Challenge." Our first "official" JLSA Running Club run is set for March 27th, YAY!

No comments:
Post a Comment