What it's supposed to look like:
Positives: I adore this top, LOVE it! It's a very forgiving cut, unfortunately, I don't have a top like this, so I had to improvise. Green is always a very pretty color & a good winter-spring transition color, so there was lots to love about this outfit.
Negatives: I didn't have the top (like I just said) or a sweater that color green, but I do have a green sweater, just in a much darker shade & shape. I also don't have those mint colored flats, although they are adorable & would love to have them! I had to make a lot of compromises on this one....and it's a bit reaching, but I did what I had to! MUST COMPLETE CHALLENGE!
What I came up with:
So, I know....those pants are JEANS, but I was lucky enough to have a "jean day" in storage & figured this was as good of a day as any to use it. From what I can tell the pants have a grayish/blue tone to them, so I thought dark jearns would be a good substitute.
Extra tidbit: I was out shopping this weekend with some friends & one of my friends found jeans at Juicy Courture for a really good deal! They had a really dark wash on sale as well as a light wash. They were really cute & fit well. I didn't purchase a pair because I was on a mission to find a dress & could NOT be distracted! NOTE: I found a dress! :)
Anyway, back to my outfit. I went ahead & wore a cream colored top under my sweater that I think goes well & let's the green stand on it's own. As far as shoes goes....I have lots of flats, but not green ones, so I went with brown velvet ones instead. I actually haven't worn them in a really long time! But I can remember when I bought them & I felt like Marisa from The O.C. in them.....yeah, I know, random!
All in all, it was a bit of a stretch, but I like it!
Outfit Rundown:
Cream Colored Top: Juicy Couture (Fall 2011)
Sweater: Anthropologie (Fall 2010)
Jeans: Nordstrom (Winter 2007)
Brown Velvet Flats: Ella Blue (Fall 2005); oldie but goodie!
Now onto tomorrow, another dress.....hmmmmmm, I have nothing planned for tonight, I think I can come up with something in that time!
Positives: I adore this top, LOVE it! It's a very forgiving cut, unfortunately, I don't have a top like this, so I had to improvise. Green is always a very pretty color & a good winter-spring transition color, so there was lots to love about this outfit.
Negatives: I didn't have the top (like I just said) or a sweater that color green, but I do have a green sweater, just in a much darker shade & shape. I also don't have those mint colored flats, although they are adorable & would love to have them! I had to make a lot of compromises on this one....and it's a bit reaching, but I did what I had to! MUST COMPLETE CHALLENGE!
What I came up with:
So, I know....those pants are JEANS, but I was lucky enough to have a "jean day" in storage & figured this was as good of a day as any to use it. From what I can tell the pants have a grayish/blue tone to them, so I thought dark jearns would be a good substitute.
Extra tidbit: I was out shopping this weekend with some friends & one of my friends found jeans at Juicy Courture for a really good deal! They had a really dark wash on sale as well as a light wash. They were really cute & fit well. I didn't purchase a pair because I was on a mission to find a dress & could NOT be distracted! NOTE: I found a dress! :)
Anyway, back to my outfit. I went ahead & wore a cream colored top under my sweater that I think goes well & let's the green stand on it's own. As far as shoes goes....I have lots of flats, but not green ones, so I went with brown velvet ones instead. I actually haven't worn them in a really long time! But I can remember when I bought them & I felt like Marisa from The O.C. in them.....yeah, I know, random!
All in all, it was a bit of a stretch, but I like it!
Outfit Rundown:
Cream Colored Top: Juicy Couture (Fall 2011)
Sweater: Anthropologie (Fall 2010)
Jeans: Nordstrom (Winter 2007)
Brown Velvet Flats: Ella Blue (Fall 2005); oldie but goodie!
Now onto tomorrow, another dress.....hmmmmmm, I have nothing planned for tonight, I think I can come up with something in that time!


No comments:
Post a Comment