Have you been sucked into the Pinterest world? Do you find yourself looking at some cool craft at a store & think.....hmmmmmm, I wonder if I can figure out how to make that on Pinterest? Do you "pin" something & feel like the people who "repin" it really get you? Do you look at an old top that you haven't worn in a while & think....I bet Pinterest could give me an idea on how to make this top look new, cool & hip.....
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you my friend have been sucked in! Don't worry, I'm there, completely!
For those of you who have absolutely NO CLUE as to what I'm referring to, Pinterest is an online community of people who create "boards" & pin things to them. You get to categorize your boards & most of the pins are linked to the actual website....so there's recipes, drinks, inspirational quotes, really freaking funny random quotes, outfit ideas & the list truly goes on & on.....
I have my favorite boards, but my favorite by far is my "My Style" board....this is where I've been getting my "fashion inspiration" from lately. It's pretty simple really & I suppose if I purchased more fashion magazines then it would pretty much be the same idea, but this is free....so yeah, much better! What I really LOVE about it is that I find a picture & study it & then find myself saying....I have something similar looking, I could mix that top with this skirt & get that look. I have literally made like 10 COMPLETELY different outfits with the help of Pinterest. Here's one of my faves:
So....I don't have this EXACT outfit, but what I did was wear a plain navy tank with a navy sweater & this adorable red-orange skirt that I bought over the summer at Anthropolgie. Paired with my favorite pair of black flats & a cute necklace & viola, fun outfit! :)
I'm not sure who was the genius behind this site & I will admit....when I first joined in August I didn't "get it", in fact, I ignored it for a really really long time! Now I know it's amazing! So thank Mr/Miss Pinterest! I raise a glass to you.....
probably one that I made from a "pin" with a cocktail that I pinned as well.....
If you aren't a member, let me know, I can send you an invite:
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you my friend have been sucked in! Don't worry, I'm there, completely!
For those of you who have absolutely NO CLUE as to what I'm referring to, Pinterest is an online community of people who create "boards" & pin things to them. You get to categorize your boards & most of the pins are linked to the actual website....so there's recipes, drinks, inspirational quotes, really freaking funny random quotes, outfit ideas & the list truly goes on & on.....
I have my favorite boards, but my favorite by far is my "My Style" board....this is where I've been getting my "fashion inspiration" from lately. It's pretty simple really & I suppose if I purchased more fashion magazines then it would pretty much be the same idea, but this is free....so yeah, much better! What I really LOVE about it is that I find a picture & study it & then find myself saying....I have something similar looking, I could mix that top with this skirt & get that look. I have literally made like 10 COMPLETELY different outfits with the help of Pinterest. Here's one of my faves:
So....I don't have this EXACT outfit, but what I did was wear a plain navy tank with a navy sweater & this adorable red-orange skirt that I bought over the summer at Anthropolgie. Paired with my favorite pair of black flats & a cute necklace & viola, fun outfit! :)
I'm not sure who was the genius behind this site & I will admit....when I first joined in August I didn't "get it", in fact, I ignored it for a really really long time! Now I know it's amazing! So thank Mr/Miss Pinterest! I raise a glass to you.....
probably one that I made from a "pin" with a cocktail that I pinned as well.....
If you aren't a member, let me know, I can send you an invite:

sounds like a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteI'm on pinterest.. find me under 'drgigs'
looking forward to seeing more about your fashion inspiration!
i'm following your pins now ;)
Delete