"If I'm honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all"~Audrey Hepburn

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fashion Challenge #1, Day 2:

What it's supposed to look like:


Positives:  It's cute...kinda country, but still cute.  It's a dress, which I have lots of those & boots.  I already own a brown thick belt, so that was a MAJOR plus!
Negatives:  I don't have a dress that's this color, let alone one that has flowers on it, in this color.  I also don't own grayish tall brown boots.....some major minuses...but the whole point is to figure out how I can make it work with what I already have!
Lake jokingly told me to go & buy a new dress.....normally this would thrill me, but c'mon, that's not the point....although I'll probably take him up on the offer at some point in the next few weeks!  ;)








What I came up with:


I think I did pretty darn GOOD today!!  Seriously, sure, the color scheme is way different, BUT it's still the same basic idea & I'm a huge fan.  I give myself two **snaps** today!  ;)

Outfit Rundown:
Dress:  Old Navy (Summer 2011)
Sweater:  Nordstrom (Fall 2009)
Belt:  Forever 21 (Fall 2010)
Boots:  Journey's (Fall 2011)







I'm hoping tomorrow is easy....today was actually really easy, didn't take me long at all to figure this one out.  I came to the dress & then just built it from there.  I knew that these were the boots that I wanted to wear....or more like HAD to wear because I really didn't have very many other options.  All in all, Day 2 was fun!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely entertained by this challenge...not that I could do it, but it does makes me want to evaluate when and where I got my different piece of clothing for my outfits! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, that's been a hard part! I've realized that a lot of the things I wear often are things I've had for a really really long time. They've become staples in my waredrobe....makes me really think about "trendy" items....

      Delete