"If I'm honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all"~Audrey Hepburn

Friday, February 10, 2012

Fashion Challenge #1, Day 5:

What it's supposed to look like:

Positives:  It's jeans, so I have that, so right off the batt it's not too difficult AND I have red flats, yay!!  so far so good....onto the negatives...
Negatives:  I really thought this outfit was going to be cake!  I have a floral scarf, but I can't seem to locate it, ANYWHERE!  I thought I took with me to London, but I'm not 100% sure & I haven't seen it since we went to Vegas, so at some point, I will turn the house upside down looking for it, we'll see......
Bummer #2:  I used to have a sleeved cream colored sweater that I got at Target.  I had originally purchased it for a "themed" pep rally when I worked in Boerne.  The theme was "Grease" so I wore the sweater with a high waisted long navy skirt, tucked the sweater in & put a scarf on a ponytail....very 50's, or whatever.  Anyway, I guess I gave it away at some point, because that was MIA as well.  Here's where I had to get creative.....

What I came up with:

I decided to make due with what I had....I couldn't give up!  It was Day 5 for goodness sake!  I thought my best bet is to go with a "pattern" on my top, instead of solid, & a solid scarf (sorta), instead of floral.  All in all, I don't think it's too bad.

Outfit Breakdown:
Top:  Forever 21 (Summer 2007)
Jeans:  Nordstrom (Fall 2010)
Scarf:  India Marketplace (Spring 2010)
Flats:  H&M (Spring 2008)

Well, Fashion Challege #1 is officially over & in the books, it was fun!  Although it absolutely did not make my week go by faster!  Last week was just stressful over all though, I don't think anything would've helped.  Here's to a new week!  :)
My favorite days of the week were definitely Tuesday & Thursday, I guess I'm more of a dress gal than a pants gal.  hmmmmmmm, I wonder if I can find another one on Pinterest!  Let me know if you find one so I can check it out!

Ellis OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment