"If I'm honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all"~Audrey Hepburn

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Fashion Swap: Love Theme

just some of the yummy appetizers brought
over by the guests, yum yum yum!
This past weekend I hosted my 3rd fashion swap.  The theme for the evening was love....in honor of Valentine's Day of course!  I've had 2 other fashion swaps, one was last spring & we had an asian theme & then over the summer I hosted one at my parent's house & the theme was fiesta!  Yesterday's party was great!  Everyone was asked to bring over an appetizer & 5 items that they were willing to "swap"  The items could range from outer wear, dresses, skirts, tops, accessories, or jewelry.  I provided the desserts for last night's swap.  It's a really fun idea & I think everyone walked away with some really cute stuff. 
decisions, decisions!

The way it works:
I set up 2 tables & tape down "signs" with a category on them, i.e.:  Dresses, Tops, Jewelry, etc.....
As guests arrive they put their name on 5 slips of paper.
They then fold the slips & place them in 5 seperate bowls.  These bowls then indicate 5 "rounds" of swapping.
Guests then take their items over to the tables & seperate as necessary. 
Round 4 of the Swap
As the hostess, I grab the first bowl & just begin calling out names.  The guests can choose an article from any category, it doesn't matter what you brought.  I designate rooms in the house as "dressing rooms" & during each round the guests will try on what they want & keep what they like.  The rounds just repeat.
I limit the swap to 5 items, but you can do as many rounds as you like.

At each swap I've hosted, some people have brought more than 5 items, at the end of the 5 rounds I allow for a "free for all" & you can grab whatever you want.  Whatever is still left over at that point I donate to Goodwill.
Shaunda & Michelle enjoying the food & fun
time after the swap

It really is that easy, or at least I have found it to be that easy!  :)

Once the swapping is over, we eat & drink.  Although no one's stopping anyone from partaking in that during ;)

This is one of my favorite events to host, it's so fun to see what everyone brings.  I've always enjoyed it & good times are always had!  I think my next one will be sometime in the summer.....maybe Paris themed....hmmmmmm
even little miss maryn had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment