For Super Bowl Sunday Lake & I went over to a friend's home for their Super Bowl Party. Everyone was asked to bring an appetizer, side, or dessert. Since I'm the self-proclaimed App Queen, I went with what I knew!
I made my "Cowboy Dip" which has been making people happy since 2003! I got the recipe from one of my college roommates sister in laws....does that make sense? I did change it up though....if you've ever eaten with me you know that I loathe black beans, I have a very strong hatred for them. This baffles people & they just don't get it. I just don't like the texture of them, they're really really chalky & yeah....so anyway, the original recipe calls for a can of black beans as well....you are more than welcome to add in your own, I will however pass on them....
Cowboy Dip
1 can Corn (Drained)
2 Small Avocados
2 Roma Tomatoes
2 Green Onions
1 handful of Cilantro
2 key limes (juiced)
2 tablespoons of Red Wine Vinaigrette
Salt & Pepper to taste
*Put the corn in a large bowl (make sure you drain it!)
*Dice up your tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, & avocado
*Add them to the bowl with your corn
*Gently mix together your ingredients
A couple of slicing tricks:
*Add in your vinaigrette
*Mix together all of your ingredients
*Taste & then you can determine how much salt & pepper you'd like to add
This is meant to be a "chunky" dip. I've also just used it as a side salad. It's really good with scoops chips! Let me know if you try it, this is always my "go to" app when I'm not sure what else to make :)
I made my "Cowboy Dip" which has been making people happy since 2003! I got the recipe from one of my college roommates sister in laws....does that make sense? I did change it up though....if you've ever eaten with me you know that I loathe black beans, I have a very strong hatred for them. This baffles people & they just don't get it. I just don't like the texture of them, they're really really chalky & yeah....so anyway, the original recipe calls for a can of black beans as well....you are more than welcome to add in your own, I will however pass on them....
Cowboy Dip
1 can Corn (Drained)
2 Small Avocados
2 Roma Tomatoes
2 Green Onions
1 handful of Cilantro
2 key limes (juiced)
2 tablespoons of Red Wine Vinaigrette
Salt & Pepper to taste
![]() |
| the batch that I made on Sunday was doubled, so that why I have so much more of everything! |
*Dice up your tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, & avocado
*Add them to the bowl with your corn
*Gently mix together your ingredients
A couple of slicing tricks:
![]() |
| With my green onions I cut off both ends, then cut the entire stock in half. I then cut all my halves at the same time. It makes for a much quicker chop. Thank you Racheal Ray! |
*Add in your vinaigrette
*Mix together all of your ingredients
*Taste & then you can determine how much salt & pepper you'd like to add
This is meant to be a "chunky" dip. I've also just used it as a side salad. It's really good with scoops chips! Let me know if you try it, this is always my "go to" app when I'm not sure what else to make :)



No comments:
Post a Comment